HSBC faces £40m bill for mis-selling to elderly in care
Monday, 5 December, 2011 Leave a comment
Regulatory failure or further evidence of a culture implicitly “endorsed” and underwritten by Government?
Och well, so long as they say “sorry”!
Unsuitable sales of this product were made to 87% of NHFA customers, prompting the largest retail fine to date from the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
HSBC will pay £29.3m compensation and said it was “profoundly sorry”.
- Beware Zombie’s in pinstripes! (fitforrandomness.wordpress.com)
- Financial Complexity, Part 1 – Seeking Alpha (fitforrandomness.wordpress.com)
- Banking: decline of mature markets – fulfilling the prophecy (fitforrandomness.wordpress.com)
- Governance – Risk – Compliance: accept responsibility to reap the rewards! (fitforrandomness.wordpress.com)
- Inviting meltdown: Preserving the Status Quo with Artifice and Lies Leads to Systemic Collapse (fitforrandomness.wordpress.com)